This week’s theme on the blog is “Good Greens”. We are still on our healthy new year, new you kick trying to eat more vegetables and fruits. After spending the weekend in Kansas City, and eating more BBQ than veggies, we are in need of a “green” week.
One of my favorite fruits is avocado, and I fell in love with avocado toast when it seemed to become the it food last year. The creaminess of the mashed avocado makes it a great substitute for cream cheese with lots of added nutrients. Our version has lemon juice which livens up the taste buds and makes it easier to smash the avocado if isn’t perfectly ripe. It is filling meal anytime of the day – breakfast, lunch or dinner – just have with a cup of fresh fruit or yogurt on the side and you are good to go!
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt (about ¼ - ½ teaspoon)
- Pepper (about ¼ - ½ teaspoon)
- 4 slices of toast
- In a bowl mix the avocado, lemon juice and a pinch salt and pepper.
- Scoop a quarter of the mixture onto each slice of toast.
- Using a fork, smash the avocado on the toasts.