We are trying something new today on Love & Porc – a video tutorial on how to make hummus that you can watch below!
Making hummus is incredibly easy and you don’t need to use a pouch with pre-made seasonings to pull it off. You can make it quite simply with canned chickpeas, or you can soak dried chickpeas overnight in water and baking soda. There is no wrong way of making it, but you can make this quick and easy version in a couple of minutes if you have a food processor. Hummus is an excellent appetizer for a summer grill-out or just something to have around the house to snack on. Don’t forget the fresh vegetables and pita chips!
- 2 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained
- 3 lemons, juiced (about ½ cup)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- ⅓ cup tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoon ice water
- ¼ cup or more extra virgin olive oil
- Spanish paprika, to garnish
- Place the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, and spices in a food processor and blend for 3-4 minutes, until creamy. Once creamy, keep the food processor on and gradually add ice water and olive oil for an extra minute or so, or until the chickpea mixture gets slightly emulsified and fluffy.
- Turn the food processor off, taste for seasoning, and add a little bit more salt and pepper, and possibly olive oil, depending on your desired texture and taste.
- Pour into a bowl for serving, and top with some more olive oil and nice dash of Spanish paprika to taste. Serve with pita chips and vegetables.