Happy almost Labor Day! Whether you’re spending the holiday on a boat at the lake, laying out by the pool or grill side smoking meat, this dip is perfect to have on hand all day. There isn’t anything in it that will spoil, so you don’t have to worry about the heat. Plus it is a total crowd pleaser! It’s also great for tailgates, and football season is just around the corner!
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 can black beans
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles, drained
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Handful cilantro, chopped (add more or less based on your preference)
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt to taste, amount depends on whether you use no salt or regular canned goods
- Put everything in a bowl and mix.
- Let set for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chip!
Bonus!! Here are some of our favorite summertime cookbooks: